Tomball Location

Houston Location

Phone

Email

Himalayan bath salt is a type of sea salt that is mined in the mountains of Himalaya in Pakistan. It comes in the form of edible salt, cosmetic products, lamps, and some other items. You can find it in a variety of colors, orange, white, and pink. Himalayan salt is similar to table salt in terms of chemical composition, and both contain around 98 percent sodium chloride. The remaining 2 percent of Himalayan includes a small number of minerals, some of which have various health benefits. You can use Himalayan salt in bath preparations. Mineral baths can provide relief from various health conditions.

Benefits

Treats eczema and acne

Himalayan salt is good for treating acne. Add it to a hot water bath so it can reach areas with acne such as back or shoulder, where it’s hard to reach with hand. It also reduces irritation, redness, which makes it beneficial for people with eczema.

Adding salt to bathwater can help to soothe the stinging that water might cause to the skin during a severe flare-up. Moreover, the magnesium in Himalayan salt can also help to reduce skin inflammation.

Insect bites

If you have been the victim of an insect bite, applying warm water with salt can also help to reduce swelling ad soothe the itch.

Relaxation

Taking a warm bath is always soothing and relaxing. It can reduce stress, fatigue, and pain and can give a boost to emotional health. Adding salt to the warm water bath can increase soothing and relaxing effects.

Another good thing about Himalayan salt is that it has no side effects and appears to be safe. However, if your skin becomes irritated or itchy, wash off the bathwater and try to avoid it in the future.

If you have any questions feel free to call Family Diagnostic Clinic at 281-351-680.

SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT

We are glad that you preferred to contact us. Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.

X